PTA (Parent Teacher Association)
The LIS PTA works closely with the school's administration to promote and support the school. The PTA's main roles include organizing social events that bring the school community together and fundraising activities that benefit the school. The PTA plays an important role in helping parents get to know each other and enhance a sense of community. LIS understands how valuable it is for parents to become part of school life and the PTA encourages and supports the participation of all parents to share their experiences, knowledge and talents to help enrich the school's environment for our children.
All parents who have a child enrolled at LIS and all staff working at the school are automatically members of the PTA.
The PTA has been responsible for hosting several annual events like:
- Welcome Back Carnival
- Halloween Carnival
- International Day
- Spring Fling
- Food and beverages for the Winter Performances and Sports Day
- House Shirt Sales
The PTA has raises about $50,000 annually to help enhance the programs at LIS. All of the money raised each year go back into the school. Some examples of projects supported by the PTA in the past are:
- Sail shades in the primary quad and sports field
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Playground equipment
- Storage facilities on campus
- Covered area for pick-up and drop-off
- Graduation robes
The PTA helps select a Homeroom Parent for each class at LIS. The Homeroom Parent provides an additional and more personalized communication link between the PTA, parents, teachers and students.
The main tasks of the Homeroom Parent include the following:
- Communicate PTA activities/events/information
- Communicate class ideas/suggestions to the PTA.
- Be the key contact for any new parents joining the class.
- Arrange social activities for the parents/teacher/students in the class as required
- Help class teacher arrange out of school activities/help chaperone field trips.
- Create a Classroom Contact List.
- In Primary School, the Homeroom Parent also assists the classroom teacher with Scholastic book orders when needed.