Working at LIS
Lucaya International School endeavors to employ dynamic, well-qualified and efficient personnel to carry out a constantly improving educational program. LIS is an equal opportunity employer and therefore does not discriminate in its hiring practices on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or religion.
LIS delivers the International Baccalareate Diploma Programme and Primary Years Progamme, our Middle Years programme in year 7 and 8 follows on to International GCSE in years 9, 10 and 11. Prior experience in both of the international programs or your home country's equivalent (i.e. A-Levels, Advanced Placement) is a must to be considered for employment. LIS is seeking teachers with a minimum of three years’ experience in their home country and also has the ability to offer extracurricular programming for our after school clubs.
Also important to LIS is that persons seeking employment meet the following basic requirements:
- Be experienced and comfortable working in an internationally-minded environment
- Be able to build a learning environment that is supportive and productive
- Be able to challenge and develop all students through differentiated approaches
- Be able to build a learning programme that reflects their students’ needs, backgrounds, perspectives and interest
- Be committed to continuous professional growth and professional learning
To apply for an opening at LIS, you will need to send a cover letter explaining your interest in working at our school and position desired, a current cv/resume, your educational philosophy and at least three current references.
Lucaya International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students on and off campus, in adherence with global child protection standards and the United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Child. All job applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the appropriate criminal records bureau.
At this time LIS has the following Vacancies for 2022-2023:-
Principal (Whole School) - Candidtaes should submit a cover letter together with:
- a resume/CV
- a statement of leadership philosophy(limit one page)
- a passport sized photo;
- names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of profesional references
- Vacancy Notice here and Job descrtiption here
- Please email [email protected] for additional information and submitting an application not later than October 16th, 2022.
Design Technology (IBDP and years 7 to 11)
LIS is seeking to recruit an experienced teacher of Design Technology for the 2022-2023 academic year.. Please contact the Principal Kathryn Dillette for more information.
LIS offers a competitive salary that is tax-free in The Bahamas. For international teachers we offer flights in and out, a shipping allowance, housing allowance, professional development and tuition for dependents. A complete listing of benefits can be sent upon application.
Teaching applications and inquiries contact Mrs. Kathryn Dillette Principal: [email protected]